Cerreto Guidi overlooks the rounded hills of Chianti and is featured by its historical centre with its Renaissance origins and its Villa Medici. The villa, located near the marsh of Fucecchio, was built between 1564 and 1567 for Cosimo the First, as a hunting house and territorial defence. The design of the building, characterized by a “two-winged staircase” in bricks is assignable to Buontalenti. The first floor hosts the Historical Museum of Hunting and Territory with a collection of weapons, primarily for hunting and shooting of the XVII-XIX centuries.
Foto di LigaDue – Opera propria, CC BY-SA 4.0, Collegamento